Plastic surrounds us from everywhere and as consumers we most often choose the simplest solutions, but it is up to us what products we put into the shopping cart. In previous articles we wrote about plastic bags and bottles, but today we would like to talk about our bathrooms. Only when you think about it carefully will you notice how many products can be excluded or replaced. If at the moment you think that you have no problem with the amount of plastic in your home, specifically in the bathroom, open your toiletry bag or check the cabinets / shelves. We personally know that it is the most difficult to do grocery shopping without plastic because pasta, dried fruits, frozen foods and many other products are packed in it. But let’s go back to the topic of our bathrooms and solutions that are increasingly available on the market.
1. body massage brush – currently a very popular product, which is a great substitute for peeling. It is not its only use. Dry brushing has a great effect on the condition of the skin, reduces cellulite, firms and smoothes the skin, and the treatment itself is simple and cheap and its effects are comparable to SPA treatments.
2. biodegradable cotton buds – this change doesn’t take much effort. These are easily available products and you will surely not notice the difference between plastic and bamboo, paper or wooden ones.
3. silicone menstrual cup – not every girl will be convinced of it. Our psyche plays the most important role here, because in terms of comfort you will not feel the difference between it and a tampon. It saves a lot of money on hygiene products such as tampons or pads, and we do not generate waste.
4. metal razor with replaceable razor blades – a great alternative to plastic disposable razors. Not only are they practical, but also their design is delightful. They look much better on a shower shelf or bathtub cover. Its purchase is an investment that will pay off in a few months.
5. hair bands – sounds cliché right? Although the price of silk or cotton elastics is higher, it affects the condition of our hair so that it does not get tangled.
6. bar shampoo – as an alternative to a plastic bottle with liquid shampoo. Usually packed in a metal reusable container or paper. If you are concerned about its effectiveness and efficiency, you will not be disappointed. In addition, it is very convenient to travel and does not generate waste.
7. Body lotions – in glass jars they contain precious oils and plant extracts. Their composition is as natural as possible. In addition, we get a storage container, which means that after use, we can use it for other applications.
8. Reusable make-up remover pads – a great way to reduce waste in your daily facial skin care. They are delicate and natural, very pleasant to the touch and suitable for all skin types. They are suitable not only for removing make-up, cleansing the skin of the face or neck, but also for washing the child’s face. The purchase of such makeup remover pads will pay for itself in a short time.
There are many such examples from everyday life, but it depends on us how we use this knowledge. Our life will not change immediately, but everyday care without plastic can be extremely pleasant. With this article, we wanted to show that giving up some everyday items is no longer a sacrifice. Together, we can do a lot for the planet and ourselves.
Do you have any questions ? Let us know which solutions you like the most.